Location: Texas | Facility: Lawrence Street Health Care Center
Job Type: Full Time
$500 Sign on Bonus!
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
We are looking for a Dietary Aide to join our team and ensure that our residents receive excellent service. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position follows directives of the Certified Dietary Manager while assisting in all areas of the kitchen.
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must have the willingness to perform simple, repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift 20-25 lbs. frequently and 50-60 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to stand and walk short distances 7-8 hours per day.
- Must have knowledge of supplies and equipment used by the department and the care of this equipment.
- Must be alert and work safely and cautiously to avoid cuts and burns while working
- with kitchen equipment and to avoid falls while working on or near wet and slippery floors.
- Must be able to mop.
- Must be able to work with standard cleaning chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of safety regulations.
- Must have some knowledge of modified diets.
- Must have some knowledge of cooking.
- Must be able to cooperate and work well with fellow employees.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents, staff, family members, visitors, government agencies’ personnel, and the general public.
- Must adhere to the dress code of the Dietary Department.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Follows established safety procedures, policies and precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner. Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to Certified Dietary Manager.
- Must adhere to the dress code of the dietary department.
- Responsible for the sanitary conditions of dishes and working area.
- Responsible for having sufficient quantities of clean dishes and silverware in time to meet the meal schedule.
- Sorts diet/tray cards.
- Sets up trays, food carts, dining room for service as instructed.
- Delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas. Serve food in the dining room as instructed.
- Clears tables in the dining room as instructed.
- Scrapes, stacks and washes dishes, and cleans the dish machine as necessary.
- Prepares dishes for the dish machine. Washes dishes.
- Washes pots and pans.
- Stores clean dishes, silverware, glasses, pots, pans, serving utensils per policies and procedures.
- Empties garbage and or trash cans and keeps work areas clean and dry and free of hazards. Ensures that all garbage/trash cans are covered when not in use.
- Ensures that food and supplies are readily available for the next meal.
- Assists cook in preparation of meals in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Washes walls, windows, and cabinets in the kitchen as directed. Wipes off tables in the dining room as directed.
- Sweeps and mops floors as directed.
- Cleans and defrosts freezers, refrigerators, worktables, etc.
- Ensures that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assists in serving meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance in accordance with established portion control procedures and timeframes.
- Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Follows established hand washing techniques and procedures.
- Ensures that all food is labeled and stored in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Uses appropriate lifting techniques/body mechanics when lifting.
- Reports infectious or communicable illnesses to Certified Dietary Manager per policy.
- Attends departmental and staff meetings as directed.
- Attends all required in-service training.
- Be aware of and follow all state, Federal, company and center policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Must be able to withstand heat while working around stoves and ovens, able to withstand cold while working in/around refrigerators and freezers. Able to withstand changes in temperatures when going in and out of refrigerated or freezer areas. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Based on Years of Experience