Location: Florida | Facility: Heather Hill Healthcare Center
Job Type: Either Full-Time or Part-Time
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
We are looking for an Admissions Director to ensure that our residents receive excellent service. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position is responsible for facilitating residents’ admission to the facility—including inquiry taking, tours, planning for admissions, providing training to staff members regarding inquiry handling and tours. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining optimal occupancy levels and quality census mix. This position represents the facility to professionals and the community in order to expand the facility’s referral base.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in health care or clerical setting preferred, Degree in healthcare, marketing, public relations preferred.
- Must have knowledge of: casework process; needs of geriatric patients; medical settings, social and health resources of community, and funding resources such as Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances.
- Must be sensitive to residents’ physical and psychosocial needs.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be a self-motivated, creative and positive personality, who demonstrates willingness to learn new ideas and skills and can work as part of a team.
- Must possess patience, good organizational skills, and assertiveness and be a conscientious person.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must be able to cooperate and work well with fellow employees.
- Must have the ability to make oral and written presentations to individuals and groups.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to handle emotionally stressful situations day in and day out, including, but not limited to death and dying.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must be flexible in working hours so that weekend or evening events may be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes telephone inquiries, screens information needed and accepts reservations for resident admissions.
- Conducts tours and pre-admission interviews with prospective residents and families and explains the services of the facility.
- Confers with the business office and Director of Nursing concerning admissions.
- Keeps accurate records of bed availability in the facility.
- Participates in the admission process: including pre-admission assessment, rate negotiations, benefit verification, cost analysis, and reporting as needed.
- Explains to the resident or representative all required documentation needed for admission, explains contracts and other paperwork and obtains needed signatures.
- Provides resident and/or responsible party with copies of admission documents included but not limited to Resident Rights Booklet, Notice of Privacy Practices, Admission and Financial Contracts.
- Explains facility’s policies in reference to room rates, billing procedures, visiting policies.
- Informs other departments of pending admissions, ensuring room readiness for residents.
- Assists in the preparation for new admissions, ensuring room readiness.
- Maintains inquiry and admission packets ready for use.
- Maintains relationships with residents and families in order to facilitate early identification of potential problems. Maintains close relationships with other departments to appropriately resolve grievances.
- Educates and assists residents in executing advanced directives/advanced care planning.
- Ensures that mentally incapacitated resident have a designated health care decision maker to execute their rights.
- Assists in referring residents and families to appropriate social service agencies when the facility does not provide the service. Consults with the Social Services Director as needed to accomplish this.
- Performs casework with residents and families, consisting of basic counseling, encouraging family participation, and other items as necessary to meet resident’s needs.
- Completes required documentation such as admission note, social history, and document significant concerns/events in medical record as needed.
- Attends faculty meetings as required.
- Keeps Administrator and Social Services Director informed and up to date on current status of significant resident/family issues.
- Maintains communication with facility business office and medical records to ensure accurate census and payment of managed care residents.
- Assists residents in financial planning, including insurance enrollment/disenrollment and/or Medicaid applications as requested/needed.
- Maintains a good public relations program that serves the best interests of the facility and community alike.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Based on Years of Experience