Location: Florida | Facility: Cypress Cove Care Center
Job Type: Full Time
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
Our maintenance staff love what they do, and our residents see this demonstrated daily. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position follows directives of the Director of Maintenance involving buildings and grounds repair and maintenance activities. Coordinates jobs with functions of other departments so as not to interrupt resident care or normal business functions.
- High school graduate or graduate of technical/trade school preferred. Prior maintenance experience preferred. Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals, etc.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting and moving. Able to lift over 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to stand and walk inside and outside in all weather conditions (i.e. rain,
- heat, cold, etc.), climb ladders, work in awkward positions.
- Must have knowledge of local code and ordinances and knowledge of safety regulations.
- Must have ability to plan and carry out programs in repair or new construction and/or installation.
- Must have knowledge of supplies and equipment used by the department and the care of this equipment.
- Must be a self-motivated, creative and positive personality, who demonstrates willingness to learn new ideas and skills.
- Must possess patience, good organizational skills, and assertiveness and be a conscientious person.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must be flexible in working hours so that weekend/evening coverage may be provided.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for use in department activities.
- Keeps records of work performed and costs involved.
- Coordinates work of the maintenance department with all department functions so as not to interrupt resident care or normal business functions.
- Inspects all equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- Inspects buildings and grounds regularly for compliance with local codes, ordinances, and safety regulations. Prepares and submits reports, as directed by the administrator.
- Able to be on call for emergencies.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Performs any or all duties concerned with electricity, plumbing, painting, (including resurfacing floors, walls, ceilings), carpentry (including furniture refinishing and repair) mechanics (including equipment and mechanical systems, heating, cooling and water systems), except those services performed under service contract with outside contractors.
- Supervises any service performed by outside contractors.
- Performs or directs heavy custodial duties such as scrubbing and buffing, cleaning of storage utility areas, washing wall, ceilings, outside windows, changing screen and storm windows, changing light bulbs in ceiling fixtures, and housekeeping duties in very high areas, removing and disposing of garbage and trash.
- Runs errands, handles incoming and outgoing freight, lifts and moves heavy furniture and equipment, other miscellaneous duties as directed by the administrator.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and repair of institutional property, equipment and grounds as directed by the administrator.
- Responsible for the care and use of supplies and maintenance of equipment used in performance of duties.
- Assists in maintaining safety data sheets (SDS) for hazardous chemicals in the maintenance department.
- Performs unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
- Services heating and cooling units/systems, as specified by manufacturer, and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains general plant and facility in good repair, ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to the Maintenance Director immediately.
- Ensures that all work/assignment areas are clean and equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving the work
- Ensures that established Infection Control and Standard Precautions practices are maintained when performing maintenance procedures.
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Be aware of and follow facility policies and techniques regarding safe lifting.
- Be aware of and follow all state, Federal, company and center policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Based on Years of Experience