Location: Tennessee | Facility:
Job Type: Either Full-Time or Part-Time
WE’RE HIRING FLOOR TECHNICIANS!
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
We are looking for a Floor Technician to ensure that our residents receive excellent service. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position follows directives of the Housekeeping Supervisor involving floor care activities and coordinates job duties with functions of other departments so as not to interrupt resident care or normal business operations.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical manuals.
- Must have knowledge of supplies and equipment used by the department and the care of this equipment.
- Must have knowledge of safety regulations.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting and moving. Able to lift over 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to stand and walk inside and outside in all weather conditions (i.e. rain, heat, cold, etc.), climb ladders, and work in awkward positions.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents, staff, family members, visitors, government agencies’ personnel, and the general public.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must be flexible in working hours so that weekend/evening coverage may be provided.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for use in department activities.
- Maintain all floors within the center to include vinyl tile, ceramic tile, carpeting, and other floor coverings.
- Must be able to use/operate various power tools, hand tools, chemicals, etc. safely.
- Coordinates work of the housekeeping department with all department functions so as not to interrupt resident care or normal business functions.
- Must be able to remove waxes and sealers from floors using scrubbers (manual and automatic), wet vacuums, chemicals and hand tools.
- Must be able to apply waxes and sealers to floors using approved floor finishes, application tools and procedures.
- Maintain waxed floors to a high gloss utilizing high speed burnishes and wax cleaners/restorers.
- Clean carpeting as required using steam machines or dry foam procedures.
- Clean and scrub ceramic tile and quarry stone floors as required or directed.
- Follow written/verbal instructions from the Housekeeping
- Ensure floor care schedules are adhered to for respective areas.
- Perform scrubbing, stripping, waxing, and floor cleaning assignments as scheduled and established in center policies and procedures.
- Attend all required in-service training.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and the appearance of the assigned work area.
- Ensure all work/assignment areas are clean and equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving the work
- Ensure established Infection Control and Standard Precautions are maintained when performing housekeeping duties.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Be aware of and follow all state, federal, company and center policies and procedures.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Follow facility policies and techniques regarding safe lifting.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Based on Years of Experience