Location: Texas | Facility: Liberty Health Care Center
Job Type: Full Time
CNA class begins November 1-11, 2021
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
Our Receptionists love what they do, and our residents see this demonstrated daily. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
- Full Tuition payments for license improvements
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Shift Differentials
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
- Preferred high school graduate or equivalent.
- Will have completed an in-house CNA training course, is in the process of taking the CNA Competency Evaluation Exam or is awaiting results of testing.
- Must be able to be on feet standing or walking throughout the scheduled shift.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 60-70lbs.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations, and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must have the ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships through the use of tactful, direct and sensitive interaction. Must be able to communicate verbally in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, co-workers, vendors, and to work cooperatively with others.
- Must comply with attendance policy and established schedules, be flexible, and make necessary accommodations for the needs of residents and families.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone using professional phone etiquette. Take and relay messages to the appropriate persons timely and accurately.
- Perform assignments as directed by the charge nurse and reports when assignments are completed or not completed.
- Practice careful, efficient, non-wasteful use of supplies.
- Follow proper procedures of accounting for used supplies.
- Accompany residents to various activities and outside appointments.
- Verify new resident diet orders are communicated with the dietary staff.
- Verify new resident’s name is accurate on his/her door.
- Verify the new resident has an identification bracelet/armband.
- Help answer all resident call lights as needed.
- Assist with the dining process in the main dining room. Deliver trays to residents who are able to feed themselves only. Assist residents with setting up the tray (opening milk cartons, cutting meat, etc.). Do not assist the resident with eating.
- Distribute ice and water to all residents who are not NPO or on thickened liquids. Obtain a list of residents who are NPO or have thickened liquids from the charge nurse prior to performing this task (every time).
- Transport residents already in wheelchairs to dining areas, activities, or other locations as requested.
- Assist with resident activity programs as assigned.
- Return meal carts to the kitchen once all trays have been collected.
- Stock and restock the linen cart as needed.
- Use proper body mechanics when lifting.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, report equipment that is out of order, and report any other problems to the charge nurse promptly.
- Assist residents to straighten or tidy up their rooms. Clean overbed tables and nightstands.
- Clean and arrange the resident’s nightstand and dresser drawers. Straighten closets.
- Change bed linens as needed. Maintain proper handling of clean and soiled linen.
- Label residents’ personal belongings. Ensure residents’ belongings are not “co-mingled” with their roommate. Place personal items in Ziploc bags and label them accordingly.
- Stock supplies on the unit appropriately.
- Replenish washcloths and towels in resident bathrooms as needed.
- Ensure residents have necessary hygiene supplies and replace as needed.
- Adhere to safety policies pertaining to infection control and isolation, personal protective equipment (PPE), and fire/emergency procedures.
- Customer Service-Promote and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, residents, visitors, volunteers, vendors, and regulatory representatives.
- Resident Rights-Understand and promote resident rights. Have positive interactions with residents, families and caregivers. Maintain a professional appearance. Ensure confidentiality of all resident information, compliance with HIPAA regulations and policies, Encourage resident autonomy in decision-making.
- Documentation-Complete documentation in the individual clinical record per policy. Complete any other documentation as assigned.
- Other-Complete all other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to perform the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Based on Years of Experience