|FACILITY||ADDRESS||JOB TYPE||SHIFT||HOURLY RATE||SPECIAL INCENTIVES|
|3700 Clarks Creek Rd., Plainfield, IN 46168||Full Time||All||Based on Years of Experience|
We’re Hiring Cooks!
We’re serious about getting the best culinary artists to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
Our culinary staff love what they do, and our residents experience their flavorful creations daily. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
Benefits include: Our competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid time off (PTO), and paid company holidays.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position follows directives of the Certified Dietary Manager while assisting in all areas of the kitchen.
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must have the willingness to perform simple, repetitive tasks.
- Must have knowledge of supplies and equipment used by the department and the care of this equipment.
- Must have knowledge of safety regulations.
- Must be able to stand and walk short distances 7-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 20-25 lbs. frequently and 50-60 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be alert and work safely and cautiously to avoid cuts and burns while working with kitchen equipment and to avoid falls while working on or near wet and slippery floors.
- Must have some knowledge of modified diets.
- Must have some knowledge of cooking.
- Must have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, correct sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to cooperate and work well with fellow employees.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents, staff, family members, visitors, government agencies’ personnel, and the general public.
- Must adhere to the dress code of the Dietary Department.
- May be required to have a Food Handlers Certificate of Sanitation Course, as required by state regulations.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews menus, therapeutic menus, recipes and production sheets before preparing meals and prepares and serves all diets, properly, accurately, and attractively as planned using proper portions and special diet items.
- Follows standardized recipes and special diet orders, preparing sufficient quantities to meet all service requirements.
- Responsible for testing and tasting foods for proper appearance, flavor, aroma and temperature and making adjustments if needed.
- Responsible for timing of preparation of meals/snacks to meet time schedule for service of all residents and ensuring meals/snacks are served as scheduled.
- Portions food on plate during tray service according to standards. Checks trays for accuracy of diets, preferences, and quality before they are delivered. Serves on tray line and delivers carts to floors as needed.
- Follows menus provided. If menu substitutions are necessary, record these substitutions in a designated place.
- Shows initiative in choosing garnishes, seasons according to patient preferences, and appropriate use of leftovers, and food storage.
- Manages the dietary department in the absence of the dietary manager and/or assistant manager if not available.
- Follow established safety procedures, policies and precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to the Dietary Manager.
- Assists in receiving and storing food and supplies to prevent waste and ensures product quality. Dates, labels and stores items properly. Uses proper food handling techniques.
- Must adhere to the dress code of the dietary department.
- Has a thorough understanding of all regulations (local, state, and federal) which affect dietary including, but not limited to resident care, sanitation, labor, fire, safety, and disaster and complies to these regulations.
- Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from nursing and keeps tray cards updated in absence of Dietary Manager.
- Uses appropriate lifting techniques/body mechanics when lifting.
- Reports infectious or communicable illnesses to Certified Dietary Manager per policy.
- Attends departmental and staff meetings as directed.
- Attends all required in-service training.
- Must be aware of and follow all state, federal, company and center policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Must be able to taste and smell foods to determine quality and palatability. Must be able to withstand heat while working around stoves and ovens, able to withstand cold while working in/around refrigerators and freezers. Able to withstand changes in temperatures when going in and out of refrigerated or freezer areas. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits available for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- Holiday Pay
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Health insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation time accrual (increases with years of tenure)
- Sick Time (increases with years of tenure)
- Perfect Attendance Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Mentor Bonus Program
- And more