|FACILITY||ADDRESS||JOB TYPE||SHIFT||HOURLY RATE||SPECIAL INCENTIVES|
|3700 Clarks Creek Rd., Plainfield, IN 46168||Full Time||Day||Based on Years of Experience|
We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
We are looking for a Housekeeper to ensure that our residents receive excellent service. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best. Benefits include: Our competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid time off (PTO), and paid company holidays.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position follows directives of the Housekeeping Supervisor involving maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Must have the willingness to perform simple, repetitive tasks.
- Must have knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
- Must be able to lift 20-25 lbs. frequently and 50-75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to work with standard cleaning chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of safety regulations.
- Must be able to cooperate and work well with fellow employees.
- Must have ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents, staff, family members, visitors, government agencies’ personnel, and the general public.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Follow established safety procedures, policies and precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner.
- Follow established policies concerning the use of labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s).
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ensure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained when performing housekeeping duties.
- Report Missing or improperly labeled containers of hazardous chemicals to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious material and/or hazardous wastes or chemicals and dispose of personal protective equipment in accordance with established policies.
- Follow established hand washing techniques and procedures.
- Dispose of trash daily in accordance with established sanitation policy.
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with the Nursing Department.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Ensure that containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed.
- Attend all required in-service training.
- Be aware of and follow facilities policy regarding safe lifting techniques.
- Be aware of and follow all state, Federal, company and center policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits available for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- Holiday Pay
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Health insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation time accrual (increases with years of tenure)
- Sick Time (increases with years of tenure)
- Perfect Attendance Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Mentor Bonus Program
- And more