Certified Nurse Aide
|FACILITY||ADDRESS||JOB TYPE||SHIFT||HOURLY RATE||SPECIAL INCENTIVES|
|606 NE 7th Street, Trenton, FL 32693||Full Time||Day, Evening, Night||Based on Years of Experience|
We’re serious about getting the best CNA’s to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
Our CNA’s love what they do and our residents see this demonstrated daily. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families. We have a variety of shifts available.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best. Benefits include: Our competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid time off (PTO), and paid company holidays.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
This position provides direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists residents with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for all residents. Responsible for providing care and handling residents in a safe and compassionate manner.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with licensure boards and proficient in performing job duties and skills of a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Must have excellent follow-through.
- Must be able to lift 60-70lbs frequently.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk throughout the scheduled shift.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to meet all local health regulations, and pass pre/post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must have the ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships through the use of tactful, direct and sensitive interaction. Must be able to communicate verbally in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, co-workers, and to work cooperatively with others.
- Must comply with attendance policy and established nursing staff schedules, be flexible, and make necessary accommodations for the needs of residents and families.
- Must attend in-service/education programs as required to learn new procedures and develop skills to meet regulatory compliance.
- Must agree not to disclose resident protected health information and report suspected or known violations of such to the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice standard precautions with all resident care.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by charge nurse and reports incomplete duties promptly.
- Greet newly admitted residents with a pleasant disposition. Convey a calm and attentive approach while welcoming residents to the facility. Ensure the new resident is comfortable and has hydration available (if permitted). Assists the resident in unpacking belongings and complete the inventory sheet. Label the items as needed. Explain the laundry process and post the correct laundry sign in the designated location. Demonstrate the use of the call bell, bed controls, TV, TV remote, and room lighting. Explain the admission process, basic facility routines (therapy, bathing, dining). If permitted, take the resident and/or family on a brief tour of the facility. If there is a roommate, assist in the introductions.
- If a resident or family member expressed any concerns, direct the information to the appropriate person for prompt resolution of the issue.
- If able to address the concern, do so promptly and follow-up with the resident and/or family to ensure satisfaction.
- Make sure all empty rooms are clean and prepped for new admissions.
- Check resident names outside of the doors for accuracy and correct as needed.
- Assist with resident room changes by packing and unpacking belongings, changing door names, changing laundry signs, and resident orientation to the new room and roommate.
- Accompany transport driver as requested.
- Assist with packing and labeling resident belonging for discharge as assigned.
- Answer all resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and conduct routine resident-rounds.
- Help with the dining process for all residents as requested.
- Assist residents with standard ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) to include: bathing, toileting/bed pan, transfers, bed mobility, turning and repositioning, peri-care, grooming, dressing, changing bed linens, applying/utilizing specialized equipment, etc. per the individualized plan of care.
- Ensure residents remain clean, have clean dentures in place, hearing aids in or stored appropriately, clean eyeglasses on, prosthetic limbs/devices in place, dressed appropriately, clothes are in good repair, and dressed appropriate to temperature/season.
- Ensure use of positioning devices, restraints, splints, braces, immobilizers, cushions, etc. are utilized per the individualized plan of care.
- Perform restorative tasks as assigned per the individualized resident care plan to include: dining, ambulation, ADL tasks, standing, transfers with or without an assistive device, bed mobility, exercise, bowel and bladder re-training, contracture management (active and/or passive range of motion), supportive device application, adaptive equipment, positioning, etc.
- Straighten residents’ room and closet, clean any spills, and remove trash as needed.
- Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and record in the clinical record per facility policy.
- Monitor and record resident intake and output per policy.
- Notify the nurse of any abnormal vital sign readings or changes in intake or output promptly.
- Encourage and assist residents to attend recreational activities.
- Assist residents to prepare for meals and snacks ensuring proper attire, position, and location. Ensure the proper assistive devices/equipment are available and offered. Document food and fluid consumption per facility policy.
- Distribute ice and water to all residents who are not NPO or on thickened liquids. Distribute the correct liquid consistency to residents as required.
- Report any resident change of condition to the nurse promptly.
- Report any resident needs to the change nurse or social services.
- Observes resident skin surfaces and notifies the charge nurse of any changes promptly.
- Perform post-mortem care.
- Understand and adhere to established facility policies.
- Use proper body mechanics when lifting.
- Adhere to safety policies pertaining to infection control and isolation, personal protective equipment (PPE), gait belts, mechanical lifts, and fire/emergency procedures.
- Customer Service–Promote and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, residents, visitors, volunteers, vendors, and regulatory representatives.
- Resident Rights–Understand and promote resident rights. Have positive interactions with residents, families and caregivers. Maintain a professional appearance. Ensure confidentiality of all resident information, compliance with HIPPA regulations and policies, Encourage resident autonomy in decision-making.
- Documentation–Complete documentation in the individual clinical record per policy. Complete any other documentation as assigned.
- Other–Complete all other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to perform the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits available for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- Holiday Pay
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Health insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation time accrual (increases with years of tenure)
- Sick Time (increases with years of tenure)
- Perfect Attendance Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Mentor Bonus Program
- And more